A husband said, my vision is not my wife vision, and it will be difficult for my wife to support the vision she don't understand.
Now, what is a vision?
1. Vision is the ability to think about or plan the future with imagination or wisdom.
2. The faculty or state of being able to see.
What is vision statement in marriage?
A vision statement of your marriage may be to have a peaceful marriage, a peaceful family, a peaceful home or to be free from financial mess.
But all these can not just happen out of the blue like winning the lottery. Husband and wife most work had, and stay committed to make it a reality.
For husband and wife to be successful, they most both agreed on a particular goal for their family. poverty is a generational curse that handed down unto the third and fourth generation.
If you don't understand how to break the curses, the lack of knowledge can keep you poor for the rest of your life, and until we understand this, much impact may not be made in life.
Someone must sacrifice him/herself to end poverty in the family, and how can the poverty be totally eradicated? It is through the idea vision and goal setting by both of them.
If this will work, it most be supported by each other, and also ready to face and overcome any challenge they may have as aresult of the goal they were pursuing rather than blaming one and other or else, husband and wife continue wallowing in abject poverty.
The two must agreed.
The Bible say in Amos 3: 3 "Can two people walk together without agreeing on the direction"?
Mathew 18: 19 "Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven".
So husband and wife must work in agreements to achieve their goal. Failure to do so can upset the delicate balance of trust and respect that successful marriages deserve.
Steps to take to make our marriage vision statement a reality.
1. Discuss it with your spouse, share each others vision of your marriage, and come to an agreement. See what your dreams have in common.You might be using different words for the same thing, because men and women communicate differently.
2. Write your marriage vision statement based on your agreement above and memorize it.
3. Figure out what you and your spouse need to do daily in every aspect of your lives in order to make this vision a reality.
4. Put into action the daily activities you both have to do to make your marriage vision a reality.
5. Assess your progress during your regular marriage checkups and see if you have made progress.
If no progress has been made, find out what went wrong, and revisit steps 3 and 4 above.
Do you have a vision statement for your marriage? Please, share for others to learn from.
I pray the purpose of your marriage will not be defited in life in Jesus name.